PRIVACY AND COOKIE FILES POLICY
The Administrator of your personal data is the Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology PAS with a seat in Warsaw, Al. Solidarności 105. The data protection follows the mandatory provisions of law – RODO i.e. the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 adapted on the 27th of April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), Law dated 10th of May 2018 on the protection of the personal data (Official Journal 2018, No 1000) and related legal acts. The Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology PAS makes every effort to protect the data adequately and to secure that their processing is clear, reliable and compliant with the regulations.
2. You may contact the administrator (the Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology PAS) via e-mail email@example.com or via letter addressed to the Administrator’s seat (Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology PAS, Al. Solidarności 105 00-140 Warszawa).
3. The Administrator has appointed a data protection officer. You may contact the DPO via e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org or by a letter to the address of the seat of the administrator with a note Data Protection Officer. You may contact the DPO in all matters related to the processing of your personal data by the Institute.
4. The Administrator may share your personal data:
at the behest of the administrative authorities or courts;
with third parties, which process the data entrusted by the Administrator (e.g. the company operating the website);
with the inspectors and auditors, bookkeepers and lawyers under the condition of being subject to the obligation of confidentiality;
with third parties when part of the shares of the Administrator’s company had been sold or conveyed.
5. Scope and goal of personal data processing
5.1 You may contact IAE PAS via portal to create an account for a user related to the editorial process or as a recipient of the contents published on the platform. As part of the editorial process of a journal you may contact us via e-mail, letter, telephone and you provide us voluntarily with your personal data such as: name and surname, e-mail address, affiliation, corresponding address, data for the contract, telephone number and other. These data are gathered and processed in accordance with the aim for which they were delivered. The data are conveyed voluntarily but they are indispensable for the realization of a particular goal and their withdrawal will make the realization of the intended goals impossible.
5.2 Following information may be obtained while using the website Journals:
5.2.1 Technical logs in server logs (automatically saved system logs) – anonymous information like: time of the visit on the page, URL, browser data etc.
5.2.2 Cookies, being text files saved on the User’s computer – used for accumulating information on viewership statistics of the website, on correct display of the page on the computer, maintaining the User’s session in the service (after logging in).
- Each user may remove the Cookie files by using the available functions in his Internet browser.
- As a standard, the Internet browsers allow by default placing cookies on the User’s terminal device.
- For each User it is possible to disable or to restore the option of accumulating cookies by changing the settings of the Internet browser according to the instructions given on the website of their producer: Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Internet Explorer, Edge
- The change of settings of the User’s Internet browser may prevent proper operation of the Internet website.
- No change of settings means acceptance of the cookies used.
5.2.3 The above given data are not associated with particular people browsing the Internet website of a journal. They are used to provide particular services to our Users and for administrative aims and the statistics.
6. All personal data will be stored at the Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology PAS for the time of the goal achievement for which they were made available to us and for the time resulting from specific provisions.
7. The Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology PAS does not profile your personal data and does not process them for marketing purposes.
Personal data will not be delivered to a „third country” or to an international organization
8. The Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology PAS makes every effort to secure all the data. But your own activities are also of great importance. Please remember the basic rules of a safe user:
- while registering at our Open Journal System platform you should pay attention to the fact that the password should be difficult to guess, should contain a string of characters and numbers and small and capital letters;
- all works on OJS platform: please perform them on a trusted computer and do not use the public networks.
- do not remember the login and the password on the computer.
- please keep the login and password secret after using them and log off each time from the page (by using the button SIGN OUT).
9. According to RODO you have the right to:
- access the data , - correct the data, - right to be forgotten, - right to restrict the scope of processing, - right to data portability, - right to object, - right to lodge a complaint to a supervisory authority dealing with personal data protection – President of the Data Protection Office, ul. Stawki 2, 00-193 Warszawa.
10. If you are of the opinion that while processing your personal data we do not proceed correctly or we proceed in an unlawful manner, please inform us by letter or e-mail.