Open Access Policy
The journal Archaeologia Polona is made available under the terms of Open Access in accordance with the CC-BY version 4.0 International licence (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/legalcode.pl). This policy came into force in 2020. Articles published before 2020 are made available in accordance to the licences in force at the time.
- The author undertakes that the submitted text does not infringe the copyrights and rights of third parties.
- if an article has more than one author, the writers concur that the only contact with the Editorial Board in the editorial process is through the corresponding author. The latter is responsible for communicating with other authors and informing them about the progress, corrections and final approval of the article. Corresponding author is obliged to send a signed statement to the Editorial Board.
- Authors declare that they are familiar with the Open Access policy and the text of the publishing agreement, all the authors of the text are obliged to agree in advance with their co-authors of the publications to publication of their text under the CC-BY 4.0 licence.
- The editors are obliged to keep confidential all information related to the texts submitted to the editors. As part of the reviewing principles, the so-called Double-blind review process (author and reviewers do not know their identity) is applied - see ‘Review procedure’
- After receiving the article, the author receives a confirmation message that the text has been received.
- Within two weeks The Editorial Office will make a decision on acceptance or non-acceptance of the article. Lack of acceptance may be complete (rejection of the article) or conditional, i.e. the editors may suggest some corrections and only after they have been taken into account may the article be re-sent to the editors.
- The editors forward the text for review, and after the reviews are received, they are immediately forwarded to the Author.
- The author takes into account or refers to the comments of reviewers. It is mandatory to provide answers to any comments of the reviewers not considered in the revision of the text.
- In the file sent to the editors, the author applies any corrections only in the ‘track changes’ mode.
- After receiving a corrected article, it is submitted to the editing process and sent again to the authors. The authors are required to address any editorial comment, especially if they do not accept them. The author applies any corrections to the file sent by the editors only in the ‘track changes’ mode. The editors reserve the right to shorten and edit the style of texts as well as to reject the article, even in the case of previous positive reviews, e.g. in the event of disagreement with the author regarding editorial corrections.
- After accepting the amendments, the author submits the file along with the signed publishing agreement in two copies to the Institute.
- After editorial preparation, the article is sent for typesetting. After this has been completed, the author receives the article for approval (pdf file). If the correction is not returned within 10 days, the Editorial Office considers this version of the article to have been accepted by the author.
- Submitting an article to the journal Archaeologia Polona is an indication of the author's prior acceptance of the adopted procedure and the publisher's publishing policy.